The photo has been used for illustrative purposes.
An Australian woman charged with murder has been sent for a medical assessment amid reports she decapitated her mother and left the head outside a neighbour's house.
Police said the body of a 57-year-old woman was found inside her Sydney home on Saturday night, in what they described as one of the "most horrific" crime scenes they had seen.
The woman's 25-year-old daughter was arrested in the front garden of a neighbour's house after allegedly putting her mother's head on the footpath outside, the Daily Telegraph newspaper reported.
National broadcaster ABC said the accused woman appeared in Parramatta Bail Court via video link on Sunday, telling the court she needed medical attention.
The woman has been sent to hospital for medical assessment, police confirmed to AFP.
She did not apply for bail, ABC added.
Officers said a four-year-old relative witnessed the incident, and was treated in hospital for a minor head injury before being returned to his family.
Detective Superintendent Brett McFadden said officers who attended the crime scene had been offered professional support.
"While police are trained to respond to all types of situations, there's no getting away from the fact this was a horrific attack," he told reporters in Sydney.
"This is up there with one of the most significant, most horrific scenes police have to deal with."
Milat, 74, was serving seven consecutive life sentences after being convicted in 1996 of killing two Britons, three Germans and two Australians in a case that made grim headlines around the world.
It was the 10-year-old girl who first disclosed the matter to her teacher and soon the school authorities took all the four sisters for counselling, where they made further disclosures.
An Australian teenager has been charged over the deaths of 20 kangaroos, which he allegedly mowed down with his truck in a killing spree that lasted an hour.
In a statement, the Saudi Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, said the new measures will require pilgrims to wear face masks and will forbid entry to the holy sites without a permit, starting from 19th July until 2nd August, 2020.
Foreign Minister Moahmood Qureshi announced on Friday that he too tested positive for the virus. The two men say their symptoms are mild. In a tweet on Monday, Mirza said he is self-isolating.
The health and safety of students and staff at Dubai’s private schools take top priority in new protocols just released by the Government of Dubai.