A car is seen crushed by a pole near the site of an explosion at the Henan Coal Gas Group factory in Yima city, in China on Saturday. STR/ AFP
The death toll from a huge explosion that rocked a gas plant in central China rose to 10, state media said on Saturday, with five people still missing.
Friday’s blast at the Henan Coal Gas Group factory left another 19 people seriously injured and more with light injuries, said state broadcaster CCTV.
The blast shattered windows and doors of buildings in a three-kilometre (1.9-mile) radius.
It occurred in the air separation unit of Henan Coal’s factory, CCTV said, with those hurt sent to four different hospitals. All production at the plant has been stopped.
“Many windows and doors within a three-kilometre radius were shattered, and some interior doors were also blown out by the blast,” CCTV said on its Twitter-like Weibo social media account.
Local media showed amateur videos of a massive column of black smoke billowing from the factory and debris littering the roads.
Other images showed the doors and windows of homes blown out and shuttered shops with dented metal fronts.
A bloodied man was seen being helped out of a van in a video posted on social media.
AFP could not immediately verify the authenticity of the footage.
The death toll from a massive explosion last week at a pesticide plant in eastern China rose to 78 on Monday, with 13 people listed as being critically injured, as the government again pledged stricter safely controls, state media reported.
China will launch a month-long, nationwide inspection campaign into hazardous chemicals, mines, transportation and fire safety
The blast occurred on Thursday at the Chenjiagang Industrial Park in the city of Yancheng, in Jiangsu province, and the fire was finally brought under control at 3.00am on Friday (1900 GMT), state television said.
In a statement, the Saudi Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, said the new measures will require pilgrims to wear face masks and will forbid entry to the holy sites without a permit, starting from 19th July until 2nd August, 2020.
Foreign Minister Moahmood Qureshi announced on Friday that he too tested positive for the virus. The two men say their symptoms are mild. In a tweet on Monday, Mirza said he is self-isolating.
The health and safety of students and staff at Dubai’s private schools take top priority in new protocols just released by the Government of Dubai.