John Bolton speaks during a graduation ceremony at the US Coast Guard Academy in New London, Connecticut, US, on Wednesday. Michelle Mcloughlin/Reuters
US President Donald Trump’s national security adviser, John Bolton, said on Saturday there was “no doubt” North Korea’s recent test missile launches violated United Nations resolutions.
“The UN resolution prohibits the launch of any ballistic missiles,” Bolton said at a press roundtable in Tokyo ahead of a four-day state visit to Japan by Trump.
Earlier this month, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un oversaw the first flight of a previously untested weapon - a relatively small, fast missile experts believe will be easier to hide, launch, and maneuver in flight.
Bolton added Washington would not change its position from the one outlined at the last summit between the United States and North Korea in Hanoi but that “Trump has held the door open for Kim.”
Trump is expected to discuss topics ranging from North Korea’s nuclear missiles to China and two-way trade when he meets Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Monday.
South Korea’s Defence Minister Jeong Kyeong-doo on Saturday fended off calls to step up pressure on North Korea after it test-fired missiles last month. Jeong told an annual security conference in Singapore
North Korea carried out its third weapons test in eight days on Friday, according to the South’s military, but US President Donald Trump said he had “no problem” with the spate of launches by Pyongyang.
The missiles, launched from near the coastal city of Wonsan, flew about 430 km (267 miles) out over the sea, reaching an altitude of 50 km (30 miles), before splashing down,
The Ministry of Health and Prevention, MoHAP, announced that it conducted over 58,000 additional COVID-19 tests, using state-of-the-art medical testing equipment.
The first week of the Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) has picked up the momentum of shoppers as malls in the city are unveiling their ‘daily surprise deals’ to wow their guests besides already announced huge discounts.
Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan on Saturday made a telephone call to Dr Sheikh Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, expressing his heartfelt condolences on the death of Sheikh Ahmed bin Sultan Al Qasimi.