Motorists have been urged to use alternative routes.
Aya Al Deeb, Staff Reporter
ABU DHABI: The Abu Dhabi Department of Transport (ADTA) has announced the partial closure of a road on Sas Al Nakhl bridge, for maintenance starting April 4.
The ADTA urged road users to exercise caution and follow traffic safety guidelines.
It also explained the closure will include the left lane of the road, starting from 9pm on Thursday to 6am Saturday, pointing that the closure will include the right track from 6am Saturday to 6am on Sunday morning.
The department pointed out the road in front of Al Falah School in Zayed City in Al Dhafra area will be partially closed for maintenance from Wednesday until Saturday, April 13, indicating that the closure includes two right tracks.
Recently, The Department of Transport (DoT) in Abu Dhabi, represented by the Integrated Transport Center, in cooperation with the Critical Infrastructure and Coastal Protection Authority (CICPA), announced the closure of the old international road E11 near the Ruwais area from Monday, 1 April 2019 at 12am, according to Aya Al Deeb, Staff Reporter.
The Department called on road users to follow the signs and use alternative routes, urging them to be cautious and follow the traffic safety instructions.
In a separate development, the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) will open on Saturday 31st of April 2019, Phase II of upgrading Ras Al Khor Street (Ex Al Awir) and entrances of International City Project. The project is constructed in coordination with Nakheel, the main developer of the International City. The project had been undertaken based on traffic impact study for International City and the Dragon Mart, especially after the opening of the expansion of Dragon Mart, and the expected growth of traffic density in the area.
The improvement of Al Manama Street-Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed road included widening the flyover above Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed road from three to four lanes in each direction to increase its capacity from 4500 to 6000 vehicles per hour.
The Ministry of Interior (MoI) has announced the revision of the violation of not giving way to Emergency, Ambulance, Police and Official Convoy Vehicles stipulated in the Federal Traffic Law to Dhs3,000 and a one-month confiscation of the violating vehicle.
The police said such reckless behaviour of the driver is dangerous for everyone. The motorists not only is breaking the traffic law, but also preparing the ground for a major accident.
The decision also stated that the value for unlocking impoundment of a vehicle involved in a car race without obtaining a prior permit from the competent authorities is Dhs50,000.
The ITC authority emphasised that it will intensify field inspections as well as install cameras to detect driver’s wrong practices in which will result in a fine of Dhs2,000 for entering or occupying a prohibited area for public means of transport or its infrastructure.
MoHAP also noted that an additional 1,217 individuals had fully recovered from COVID-19, bringing the total number of recoveries to 527,519.
The latest precautionary measures must be observed, and performers and entertainers should be vaccinated against Covid-19.
On Monday the health ministry said around 280,000 cases and 4,106 deaths were confirmed in the last 24 hours. Both numbers are almost certainly undercounts.