Harry and Meghan display gifts presented to them during their visit to New Zealand. Jason Dorday / AFP
LONDON: Britain's Prince Harry and his wife Meghan broke a record by reaching one million followers on their newly-launched Instagram account in less than six hours, Guinness World Records said on Wednesday.
The "sussexroyal" account, which so far has only one post featuring a monogram symbol with their names, was launched on Tuesday and now has 2.7 million followers.
The post alone garnered more than 960,000 likes for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
"We look forward to sharing the work that drives us, the causes we support, important announcements and the opportunity to shine a light on key issues," the couple said in their post.
The couple are expecting their first baby in the coming weeks.
The royals beat a record previously held by South Korean K-pop singer Kang Daniel, who achieved one million followers in 11 hours, 36 minutes.
The record before him was held by Pope Francis, who reached the million mark in 12 hours after launching his channel "franciscus" in 2016.
Meghan, a former actress who starred in the hit US television show "Suits", deleted all her personal social media accounts ahead of her wedding to Harry in May 2018.
Harry took part in a ballet class four youngsters on a visit to west London on Wednesday.
'I am very excited to announce that Meghan and myself had a little boy early this morning -- a very healthy boy'
Boy or girl, Prince Harry and his American wife Meghan's first child will be bold and courageous, and Harry will be the more patient parent, according to a US astrologer.
Actress Priyanka Chopra Jonas says there's no truth to the rumours that she met Britain's Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle's son Archie, and gifted him goodies.
The measures will be effective from 8.00 pm on Saturday, 4 April, 2020 for a period of two weeks, subject to renewal.
The Islamabad High Court (IHC) has given a nod to turning three- and four-star hotels into quarantine centres where the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) has planned to keep coronavirus patients.
“In support to the government’s efforts to contain COVID-19, the Roads and Transport Authority has announced the temporary closure (complete shutdown) of all stations on the metro Red and Green lines effectively 5th April 2020 until further notice. '