Photo used for illustrative purposes.
The first sweet things I ever made were cheesecakes – they provide endless opportunities to explore flavour and are easy peasy!” says chef and Great British Menu host Andi Oliver.
“This particular iteration brings together the creaminess of white chocolate with toasty coconut and vibrant lime to sublime effect. Not too sweet, just right.”
Kate continues masterclass in red white and blue dressing with casual blouse
UK to mark coronation with street parties and a concert
A coronation sherry cherry trifle recipe fit for a king
Coconut and lime cheesecake
100g gingernut biscuits
100g oat biscuits, such as Hobnobs
50g desiccated coconut
120g melted unsalted butter
Pinch of salt
For the filling
280g full-fat cream cheese
4 tbsp coconut condensed milk
200ml coconut milk
Grated zest and juice of 2 limes
100g white chocolate, melted
For the topping:
1 fresh coconut
1 tbsp maple syrup
Grated zest of 1 lime
1 fresh mango, peeled, cored, and diced
22-24cm fluted tart tin, base lined with baking parchment
1. Put all the biscuits in a sealable food bag and bash them up to fine crumbs using a rolling pin or similar. Tip the crumbs into a bowl and mix with the toasted coconut, melted butter, and salt. Press into the bottom and sides of the tart tin and chill in the fridge for one hour or until set.
2. Combine all the filling ingredients, apart from the chocolate, in a large mixing bowl. Beat together using an electric hand whisk until smooth and slightly thickened. Mix through the melted white chocolate. Spoon the filling on top of the set base and chill for a couple of hours in the fridge until set (do note that this cheesecake has quite a soft-set finish).
3. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180C fan.
4. Crack open the fresh coconut and peel off flakes of the flesh using a vegetable peeler. You want about two handfuls in total. Toss the flakes in the maple syrup and half of the lime zest on a baking tray, then toast in the preheated oven for around 10 minutes until crisp. Leave to cool, then top the cheesecake with the toasted coconut.
5. Mix together the diced mango and remaining lime zest and serve a little spoon of this alongside slices of cheesecake, or pile it on top of the cheesecake as well.
Tribune News Service
Originating in Iraq, these hand-shaped potato croquettes are stuffed with beef and herbs.
Ukraine's culture ministry is due this month to submit an application to the United Nations cultural body Unesco to list borscht -- the traditional beetroot and cabbage dish -- as an intangible part of the country's cultural heritage.
From never slicing a steak immediately after it’s cooked, to making sure the pan is hot enough before placing it on, here are handy hacks from experts on cooking a perfectly seared steak.
The flights will not be limited to hotel guests only, but anyone can book the plane for a trip of up to 12 hours, according to Bloomberg.
The person who took the pictures, Sophie Bell, was very thrilled to see him sleep with the greatest smile on earth.
For every kilo of plastic they deliver, they receive a small "symbolic" sum. The money is enough for a drink, said Arapakis, who was in Paris this week for global talks on limiting plastic pollution.