Photo used for illustrative purposes.
Gulf Today Report
October is National Cholesterol Month, and to mark the occasion Flora ProActiv has created new recipes to help maintain a healthy cholesterol level, without losing out on taste.
Many suffer from raised cholesterol, but it can easily go undetected, and without symptoms. These recipes, which put a healthy twist on our favourite foods, make cholesterol management easy.
Autumnal French toast
1 medium cooking apple (about 100g after preparing)
10g Flora 100% Natural Ingredients
1tbsp dark brown sugar
1 large egg, beaten
60ml semi-skimmed milk
¼tsp vanilla extract
2 thick slices of bread
1tsp vegetable oil
20g Flora ProActiv Light
1. Firstly, peel the apple and cut into cubes.
2. Melt the Flora 100% Natural Ingredients in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the sugar and mix to dissolve it into the Flora. Add the apple to the pan and sprinkle over the cinnamon. Cook for about five minutes until the fruit starts to colour, stirring regularly.
3. Meanwhile prepare the mixture for the French toast. In a wide shallow bowl, mix the beaten egg, milk and vanilla extract.
4. Once the apple is ready, remove from the heat into a bowl.
5. Add the oil into the pan over a medium heat (no need to wash it first, all those lovely flavours will soak into the French toast!).
6. Place one slice of bread into the egg mixture for a few seconds and then turn it over to coat the other side. If the bread is fresh, it won’t need much dunking at all (just a few seconds), whereas older bread will take a bit longer.
7. Quickly transfer the coated bread into the frying pan. Repeat with the second slice.
8. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until the bread starts to brown.
9. Transfer to a plate and spread Flora ProActiv on top of the toast, then add the cooked fruit.
The fungus known locally as "Terfas" is the only thing, besides some wild grass, that grows under the desert sands nurtured by the combined effect of rain and cold temperatures at night.
The various types of flours available in the market are bound to confuse anyone who wanders down that particular supermarket aisle. Read on to find out the healthiest to pick.
Even though water is best for quenching thirst at Iftar but it can get quite boring. Instead, try these tasty and healthy alternatives to hydrate yourself.
William and Kate’s choice to recycle outfits was made in accordance with the dress code rules laid out ahead of the event, as People notes that attendees were asked not to purchase new dresses.
A Palestinian grandmother, Jihad Batu, 85, was enrolled in school for the first time when he was 12 but had to quit school because of the displacement of Palestinians in 1948.
The strange incident was witnessed by the Aswan University Hospital after a patient who was suffering from severe abdominal pain went to a doctor.