Photo has been used for illustrative purposes.
Invented by Nepalese chef Rachana from Eat Offbeat, the New York catering company that employees refugee cooks, these mini flatbread pizzas are topped with chilli sauce, a tomato and pepper mixture and mozzarella.
Find out how to make this cashew and vegetable delicacy
Ways to curb binge eating while working from home
128g finely ground semolina flour
1tsp kosher salt
1tsp garam masala
1tsp ground cumin
240ml plain yogurt
3tsp olive oil
1 carrot, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
150g diced plum tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
80ml Maggi Hot & Sweet Tomato Chilli Sauce
1tsp dried oregano
1tsp dried basil
1tsp baking soda
2tbsp unsalted butter
100g grated parmesan cheese
150g shredded mozzarella cheese
1tbsp chopped spring onion, for garnish
1. Stir together the semolina, salt, sugar, garam masala, and cumin in a medium mixing bowl. Mix in the yogurt and one cup (about 240ml) of water. When thoroughly incorporated, let the batter rest to hydrate the semolina, at least 20 minutes but no more than one hour.
2. Heat one teaspoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the carrot and green, red, and yellow bell peppers and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes. Lower the heat to medium, add the tomatoes, and cook until they are tender, about five minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Mix the Maggi sauce with the oregano and basil in a small bowl and set aside.
4. When the batter is finished resting, stir in the baking soda.
5. Preheat the oven to 400F. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
6. Heat the remaining two teaspoons of olive oil and half-teaspoon of the butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter is melted, pour a third to half a cup (about 80-120ml) of the batter into the pan and spread it as thinly as possible into a five to six-inch circle. Once the sides are cooked and the bottom has started to brown, flip the flatbread using a spatula. Cook for two to three minutes on each side, then set the flatbread aside on a prepared sheet pan. Repeat with all the batter, melting half a teaspoon of butter between each batch.
7. Once all the flatbreads are made, begin assembling the pizzas on the sheet pans. Spread a scant tablespoon of the Maggi sauce mixture over the top of each flatbread. Next, sprinkle the Parmesan cheese evenly over the sauce. Finally, top each flatbread with the vegetable mixture and mozzarella cheese.
8. Place the sheet pans in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and golden, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the chopped scallions (spring onion) and serve immediately.
Originating in Iraq, these hand-shaped potato croquettes are stuffed with beef and herbs.
Ukraine's culture ministry is due this month to submit an application to the United Nations cultural body Unesco to list borscht -- the traditional beetroot and cabbage dish -- as an intangible part of the country's cultural heritage.
From never slicing a steak immediately after it’s cooked, to making sure the pan is hot enough before placing it on, here are handy hacks from experts on cooking a perfectly seared steak.
Cha Sa-soon’s story has been reshared on reddit, where it has garnered attention due to her tenacity in chasing her driving license.
The publisher is bringing a bid to end High Court claims brought by people including Harry, Sir Elton John and Baroness Doreen Lawrence over alleged unlawful activity at its titles.
Selena was reportedly seen enjoying a dinner date with Zayn, in New York City with fans of the pop stars keen to know if a new romance is blossoming.