Photo used for illustrative purpose only.
“This cake is based on a recipe cooked by my friend Alex from 26 Grains,” explains food writer Anna Jones “For days after eating this cake, I could think of very little else.
“This is my version. It makes a large loaf and is quite rich, so you’ll get a lot of slices out of it.”
Malaysians get passionate about houseplants during lockdown
Follow 5-a-day rule for longer healthier life
Man requests 35 refund from woman after she ends things with him on third date
Honey, almond and cardamom drizzle cake recipe
Makes one loaf
For the cake
200g light spelt or plain flour
150g ground almonds
2tsp baking powder
250g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
200g brwn sugar
150ml honey or maple syrup
Zest of an unwaxed orange
Zest of an unwaxed lemon
4 medium organic eggs
For the drizzle
4 cardamom pods
4tbsp honey or maple syrup
1tsp orange blossom water
2tsp toasted sesame seeds
1tsp fennel seeds
1tsp coriander seeds
A good drizzle of honey or maple syrup
Plain yoghurt of your choice
1. Heat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3.
2. Grease a 900g loaf tin and line with baking paper. Put the flour, almonds, baking powder and a good pinch of sea salt into a large mixing bowl and whisk until there are no lumps of baking powder. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or with an electric hand whisk, beat the butter, sugar and honey until creamy and combined.
3. Add both orange and lemon zests, then the eggs one by one, mixing well between additions.
4. Add the dry ingredients a large spoonful at a time, again mixing between additions. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth out the top with the back of a spoon. Bake for 55 minutes to one hour, until the cake is dark golden on top. It will sink a little in the middle.
5. Take the cake out of the oven and leave in the tin. Bash the cardamom pods in a pestle and mortar to release the seeds, then put the seeds into a small saucepan with all the remaining drizzle ingredients. Bring to a simmer and reduce to a thin syrup – it will thicken a little more as it cools.
6. Prick the cake a few times with a skewer and pour over the syrup, then leave the cake in the tin until cooled completely. Serve in thick slices, with yoghurt mixed with honey.
If you want the perfect dessert to feed a crowd without breaking the bank, make a sheet cake. These recipes for candy bar sheet cake and lemon buttermilk sheet cake will surely be a hit at your next party.
Even if you are not a fan of zesty flavours, this orange cake will blow your mind. What’s more, this cake requires minimal ingredients and is quite easy to make.
This iced spice cake made with shredded carrot has been a beloved dessert since at least the 1800s. But it enjoyed particular popularity during the health craze of the 1970s, when carrot cake was deemed more virtuous than pie or cheesecake.
The flights will not be limited to hotel guests only, but anyone can book the plane for a trip of up to 12 hours, according to Bloomberg.
The person who took the pictures, Sophie Bell, was very thrilled to see him sleep with the greatest smile on earth.
For every kilo of plastic they deliver, they receive a small "symbolic" sum. The money is enough for a drink, said Arapakis, who was in Paris this week for global talks on limiting plastic pollution.