Photo used for illustrative purpose.
Saleha Irfan, Senior Sub-Editor/Reporter
If you are a brand new dad but have never babysat a day in your life and have no clue how to handle a newborn, here are some suggestions:
1. First thing to do is just observe your baby and let yourself be amazed by this tiny human being. These days will be gone before you know it so just allow yourself to be marvelled by the little things your baby does.
2. Talk to your baby. Yes, they won’t understand anything you say but don’t let that stop you. The more your baby hears you speak, the easier they will get to know the rhythm of the language.
3. Babies love to be carried around so start walking.
4. Change their diapers as much as you can. It may seem like a task but it is one of the most underrated bonding experiences. In the first month, a baby needs to be changed almost every two hours so you can get a lot of one-on-one time with your baby. Never changed a diaper before? Worry not! Diaper changing is an acquired skill so in a few days’ time you will become a pro at it.
5. Read to your baby as much as you can. Try and do something new with your baby every day, whether it’s talking, rocking them, rubbing their belly, tickling them. Just have fun.
To ensure your baby gets the most out of playtime, here are some additional tips:
* Follow your baby’s cue
If they cry or seem bored, stop what you’re doing. Your baby might get too fussy or irritated with too much playing so limit your sessions to five minutes or less.
* Show encouragement
Use smiles and laughter to encourage your baby. They won’t understand the words, but they can sense the feelings. And the more encouragement you show, the better it will build the baby’s self-confidence as they grow.
* Be supportive and gentle
A baby’s head is relatively large but their neck muscles haven’t developed well yet so their head is pretty floppy the first few months. Make sure you support their head from behind at all times and avoid any sudden movements.
Most new parents have no clue how to change a baby’s diaper. If you too are unsure about how to go about it, this easy guide is sure to help you.
If your child is aggressive towards his or her siblings, peers and classmates, there are ways to handle them. Giving them three chances, or sending them to their room, are some of the approaches that work.
According to local media, the infant was actually in the custody of the offender in order to take care of him and carry out his affairs, but disputes arose between him and his wife, after which he decided to take revenge on her by getting rid of the child and smothered the baby to death
Georgia may be the Peach State, but blueberries have slowly risen to become the state’s top fruit crop.
Kim Jones’ Spring-Summer 2024 collection for Fendi unveiled during the first day of Milan fashion Week on Wednesday was a twist on knitwear, anchored by leather.
While medication and other conventional treatments have their place, one often overlooked yet highly effective approach to pain management is movement.
These awards recognise the Mediclinic Adjunct Faculty for the academic year 2022-2023 for their contribution to the education of MBRU’s MBBS students, MSc Nursing trainees, postgraduate medical residents and fellows.