chocolate chip cookies. File/TNS
While other hotels offer rewards programmes to their customers, the DoubleTree chain, a part of the Hilton universe, believes in following an instant gratification route by offering free chocolate chip cookies to its guests.
And, for the first time, DoubleTree is sharing its popular recipe.
The DoubleTree cookie differs from its classic Toll House chocolate chip cookie counterpart in several key aspects.
For starters, it really packs in the chocolate and the nuts, in noticeably greater volumes.
Slightly larger amounts of granulated sugar and vanilla extract also set it apart; what cookie isn’t improved by more vanilla extract?
Rolled oats give this cookie added heft, although the inclusion of small amounts of lemon juice and ground cinnamon don’t seem to contribute much. There’s also a lower oven temperature and a longer baking time.
All the tweaks add up to a winning formula. Bake it, you’ll like it.
DOUBLETREE SIGNATURE COOKIES
Note: Unbaked dough, formed into balls made from 3 tablespoons of dough, can be frozen, and there’s no need to thaw the dough before baking.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup plus 1 tbsp granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Pinch ground cinnamon
2 2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 3/4 cups chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar for about 2 minutes.
3. Reduce speed to low, add eggs, vanilla extract and lemon juice, and blend for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and mix until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes, scraping down bowl as necessary.
4. Reduce speed to low, add flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, blending for about 45 seconds. Do not overmix. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
5. Portion dough with a scoop (about 3 tablespoons) and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake until edges are golden brown and centre is still soft, about 20 to 23 minutes. Remove from oven and cool cookies on baking sheets for about 1 hour.
Tribune News Service
Supple, moist and rich, the Tres Leches cake in jar form whipped up by UAE-based entrepreneur Oulfat Lkorchy and her 14-year-old daughter Hur Almualla, is a dessert you can't say no to. Check out the recipe for this luscious dessert.
The classic American dessert of gooey butter cake, which originated from the state of St Louis, is buttery, sweet, crunchy and creamy, all in the same bite.
Follow this recipe of Panforte Tradizionale, Italy’s medieval-era fruitcake with a peppery kick. Panforte is said to be invented in Siena and is filled with nuts, dried fruits and spices.
Marking World Tourism Day, the Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics announced on Tuesday that "8 million tourists visited Egypt in 2021, a 117.5-per cent increase compared to 3.7 million tourists in 2020".
Milan Fashion Week closed on Sunday after five days of mostly womenswear previews that celebrated diversity and renewal, with more designers of colour represented than ever.
GCC countries extended their greetings to the Saudi leadership on the occasion. Major landmarks and many official and private entities decorated their headquarters with Saudi flags and malls announced special events and activities for the occasion.