Models catwalk during London Fashion Week.
Gulf Today Report
Saint Laurent will not take part any fashion fixtures for the remainder of the year, most notably Paris Fashion Week, in light of the coronavirus pandemic.
The French fashion house recently released a statement outlining its intention to put a hold on displaying collections throughout 2020.
In the statement, the luxury fashion label said, “Conscious of the current circumstances and its waves of radical change, Saint Laurent has decided to take control of its pace and reshape its schedule.
“Now more than ever, the brand will lead its own rhythm, legitimating the value of time and connecting with people globally by getting closer to them in their own space and lives.”
Saint Laurent stated that “with this strategy firmly in place”, the company “will not present its collections in any of the pre-set schedules of 2020”.
“Saint Laurent will take ownership of its calendar and launch its collections following a plan conceived with an up-to-date perspective, driven by creativity.”
Paris Fashion Week for womenswear is currently still planned for 28 September to 6 October this year.
However, Saint Laurent’s creative director Anthony Vaccarello explained that the Covid-19 outbreak has altered the label’s plans for the fashion calendar year.
“We have known for years that something has to change. The time is now. There is no good reason to follow a calendar developed years ago when everything was completely different,” he said.
“I don’t want to rush a collection just because there’s a deadline. This season, I want to present a collection when I am ready to show it.”
Mr Vaccarello described the “violent impact” of the coronavirus outbreak, stating it has “forced us to suddenly and completely change our habits, behaviour, and interactions with others”.
“Our decision not to be part of any predefined calendar this year stems from our desire to recognise the importance of our time, of our life,” he stated.
The fashion house’s chief executive officer Francesca Bellettini added that “remaining in limbo where nobody knows what to do and how things will be creates even further uncertainty”.
“In these circumstances, it is clear to us that creativity cannot be forced into an arbitrary, preset timetable, but should be free to express itself in the form, place and time Anthony feels appropriate, with everything else coming after,” Ms Bellettini said.
In March, it was reported that Balenciaga and Saint Laurent are making masks in factories amid risk of personal protective equipment shortages.
The next London Fashion Week is due to be held entirely online for the first time in the event’s 40-year history.
Ralph Lauren Corp said on Tuesday it would cut 15% of its global workforce by the end of this fiscal year as the luxury retailer strives to lower costs and ride out the impact of COVID-19 on sales and shopping habits.
Chanel may be about to bring down the curtain on its ultra-spectacular Paris fashion shows, its new designer Virginie Viard hinted Monday, as the French brand revealed its first collection since the coronavirus crisis.
For the first time since it was conceived in 1983, there will be no models parading new collections before crowds at the biannual event.
Among the most expensive items on Hilton's wishlist is a $500 Hermes platter, a $985 Christofle party tray, a $1,000 crystal caviar server with a spoon, and a $4,885 Baccarat vase.
The pair discovered the owl, of which there have been no confirmed sightings since the 1870s, during its daytime roost earlier this month.
The 16-year-old raided her mother’s closet and wore the shimmery silver dress by Elie Saab Couture, which Jolie wore during the 2014 Academy Awards.