Pumpkin parfait. TNS
Fall is full swing with Thanksgiving almost upon us. So, in order to spice up your seasonal dishes, here are two pumpkin recipes perfect for your fall dinner parties.
Use leftover pumpkin in a parfait to minimise wasting food.
1 envelope unflavoured gelatine
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3 eggs, separated
3/4 cup milk
1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin or home-cooked thick pumpkin puree
1/2 pint heavy cream
1. In a medium saucepan thoroughly stir together the gelatine, 1/4 cup of the sugar, the salt, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
2. In a small mixing bowl beat together the egg yolks and milk until combined; gradually stir into gelatine mixture.
3. Add pumpkin and mix well. Place over low heat and stir constantly until gelatine dissolves, about 5 minutes.
4. Chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon. In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually beat in the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and continue to beat, if necessary, until stiff peaks form; fold into pumpkin mixture.
5. In a small mixing bowl without washing beater, beat cream until stiff. In parfait glasses alternate layers of pumpkin mixture and cream
6. Chill 2 or 3 hours before serving. Garnish, if desired, with extra whipped cream and finely chopped nuts.
In the 1980s, more savoury pumpkin recipes started popping up, like this soufflé.
2 cups pumpkin puree
3 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons minced parsley
3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon basil
1 clove garlic, chopped or pressed
1/3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1. Combine pumpkin and eggs. Add remaining ingredients.
2. Pour into buttered 1 1/2-quart casserole and bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned about 30 to 45 minutes.Tribune News Service
The classic American dessert of gooey butter cake, which originated from the state of St Louis, is buttery, sweet, crunchy and creamy, all in the same bite.
Elevate your homemade popcorn game with this irresistible recipe of white chocolate popcorn bites spiced with pumpkin pie. If you like your popcorn sweet on movie night, then this recipe will not disappoint.
Follow this recipe of Panforte Tradizionale, Italy’s medieval-era fruitcake with a peppery kick. Panforte is said to be invented in Siena and is filled with nuts, dried fruits and spices.
An art gallery in Paris has sought inspiration in ancient China to help it enforce social distancing, by providing hats with winged extensions for visitors.
Buckingham Palace pastry chefs shared the quintessential recipe on the royal family's social media accounts, stating that the cake was named after Queen Victoria ‘who regularly ate a slice of sponge cake with her tea.’
Rihanna‘s fashion and beauty brands stopped operating on Blackout Tuesday in a statement of solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement.