A jar of homemade watermelon lemonade.
For those observing fasts during the Holy Month of Ramadan, it will help to start a day with a heavy and nutritious meal so that the body feels satiated for the remaining day, suggest experts.
Nutritionists have meal suggestions:
Suhoor (early morning):
* Never skip the early morning meal that is Suhoor/Sehri as that is the fundamental meal your body depends for the rest of the day.
* Start your day with some nuts soaked overnight, followed by a juice or milk along with fruits.
* To ensure that you feel full during the rest of the day, opt for high-fibre foods such as multigrain breads with labneh/ chicken/ eggs along with vegetables.
* Oats or multigrain atta for stuffed parantha with paneer or with egg bhurji cooked on a non-stick pan will keep your body satiated for the day.
Iftar (dinner time):
* In the evening, break your fast with dates; it is both customary and important as they are a high source of energy and rich in vital nutrients.
*A glass of lemon water with sugar and salt in it to provide your body with the much-needed hydration.
* Dates are both customary and important as they are a high source of energy and rich in vital nutrients.
* People who are diabetic can avoid dates and those who are lactose intolerant can opt for soya milk instead of regular milk.
* After a little gap, eat a proper meal that includes the likes of brown rice or high fibre roti with lots of vegetables salad, plus lean meat or fish or eggs.Nutritionists have also advised people to avoid deep fried food. It can create stomach problems.
Zayed Sports tournament will give ladies all over the UAE a chance to enjoy a variety of sports, develop their athletic skills, and win valuable prizes.
Even though water is best for quenching thirst at Iftar but it can get quite boring. Instead, try these tasty and healthy alternatives to hydrate yourself.
Misbah has changed the diet and nutrition plans for players in the domestic tournaments and in the national camp — no more biryani or oil rich red meat meals or sweet dishes for the players now
Carefully designed to align with Sharjah’s plan to offer child and family friendly public spaces, the Al Hira Beach site features 3,300m jogging and cycling tracks, sports facilities, and a children’s play area, and has an expert team of lifeguards at the beach.
The American girl named Rylan was filmed handing out snacks to passengers on a Southwest Airlines aircraft.
Stella Creasy, an opposition lawmaker who has campaigned for MPs to be offered maternity leave, received a warning after speaking at a debate on Tuesday while holding her three-month-old son Pip.
Children have been hit hard by the country's deep economic crisis exacerbated by the global coronavirus pandemic which has left about eight in 10 people poor and threatens the education of some 700,000 children including 260,000 Lebanese, the report said.