Trump arrives for the 2019 Prison Reform Summit and First Step Act Celebration at the White House in Washington, DC, on Monday. Jim Watson/ AFP
WASHINGTON: US President Donald Trump said on Monday he was willing to wait until after the 2020 presidential election to get Congress to vote on a new healthcare plan, giving Republicans time to develop a proposal to replace Obamacare.
Congressional Republicans have been unable thus far to draft a proposal to replace Democratic President Barack Obama’s signature Affordable Care Act despite frequent vows to do so in recent years.
Trump’s vow last week that the Republican Party will be “the party of healthcare” caught his fellow Republicans off guard after the Justice Department backed a lawsuit intended to wipe out Obamacare, which has helped millions of Americans get health insurance.
In a series of tweets on Monday night, Trump said Republicans are developing “a really great HealthCare Plan with far lower premiums (cost) & deductibles than Obamacare.”
“In other words it will be far less expensive & much more usable than ObamaCare. Vote will be taken right after the Election when Republicans hold the Senate & win back the House,” he said.
Trump’s move suggests he is willing to debate the future of the US healthcare system during the 2020 presidential election campaign than try to reach agreement on a plan sooner.
US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi insisted on Friday she is not seeking to “run out the clock” on efforts by her fellow Democrats to launch impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump before the 2020 election.
President Donald Trump jabbed at the press and poked the political establishment he ran against in 2016 as he kicked off his reelection campaign with a grievance-filled rally focused more on settling scores than laying out his agenda for a possible second term.
A snarling warning from US President Donald Trump ahead of trade talks with China rattled stock markets on Tuesday, as brewing no-deal Brexit worries also roughed up the pound and Irish bonds again.
"I would like to say sorry because today is your birthday and your great life partner is with me."
"During our treks we usually take trash bags on our treks but accidentally forgot them, next time will do more. Our citizens need to be educated to enjoy this beautiful county but be responsible tourists," he said.
Both Arab defendants – a motorist, 36, and his colleague, 37— kidnapped the Indian employee, 33, from a building housing his boss’ company in Baniyas area at around 9:30pm on May 26, the Criminal Court heard.
The parents of the twins Waseem and Nazma have been arrested for the killing that took place on Sunday. Waseem, who works as daily wager and already has a seven-year-old son, told the police that his financial condition was poor and he could not afford two daughters.