Sanjana Sanghi poses for a picture.
Gulf Today Report
The police also recorded the statement of Sanjana Sanghi, Sushant's co-star in "Dil Bechara", the actor's last film which is slated for a digital release on July 24. Mumbai police is investigating Sushant's death, and Sanjana was recently questioned by the cops for nearly seven hours. She flew to Mumbai from Delhi for the interrogation.
Sanjana Sanghi penned a cryptic note to the city of dreams to bid adieu to Mumbai before heading back to Delhi.
"Khuda Hafiz Mumbai, 4 maheene baad aapke darshan hue. Main chali, Delhi vaapis. Aapki sadake kuch alag si lagi, sunsaan thi. Shayad mere dil mein jo dukh hai, mere nazariye ko badal rahe hai. Ya shayad, filhaal aap bhi thode dukh mein hai. Milte hain? Jaldi. Ya shayad, nahi (Goodbye Mumbai, met you after four months. Now, I am going back to Delhi. Your roads looked different, they were deserted. Perhaps the sorrow of my heart changes my perspective. Or maybe, you are sad, too. See you soon. Or, maybe not)," Sanjana wrote.
Along with her post, she shared a picture that shows her standing at Mumbai airport.
Mumbai Police will record the statement of filmmaker Shekhar Kapur as part of investigation into the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput.
Shekhar Kapur's statement will be recorded in a bid to get for a clearer picture regarding the late Sushant Singh Rajput's life as an actor in the film industry.
The filmmaker has become significant for the police because he was to direct the ambitious "Paani" starring Sushant at one point for Yash Raj Films (YRF), and also because he tweeted a strong-worded opinion after the actor's death, hinting that others in the film industry might have had to blame for the demise and not Sushant himself.
"I knew the pain you were going through. I knew the story of the people that let you down so bad that you would weep on my shoulder. I wish I was around the last 6 months. I wish you had reached out to me. What happened to you was their Karma. Not yours," Kapur had tweeted.
Mumbai Police had earlier obtained a copy of Sushant's contract with YRF. The contract revealed a three-film deal for the actor, offered by the production house.
The contract revealed that Sushant was to be paid Rs 30 lakh for his first film, Rs 60 lakh for his second film and Rs 1 crore for his third film with the banner, provided the second release was a success at the box office. The report said that YRF reserved the right to decide if the film in question was a success or not.
Sushant's first film with YRF was "Shuddh Desi Romance" in 2013 was paid Rs 30 lakh for the film, according to contract. His second YRF release was "Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!" in 2015, for which he was paid Rs 1 crore.
According to contract, Sushant's third film with YRF was to be Shekhar Kapur's "Paani" but the film reportedly ran into rough weather after Kapur had differences with the production house.
Sushant ended his contract in 2015 and opted to work with other banners, according to the website.
The late actor's sister Meetu and her husband, and the late actor's friend, actor Mahesh Shetty, also met the police on Tuesday.
The late Sushant Singh Rajput's sister Shweta Singh Kirti took to social media and shared how her five-year-old son reacted to the sudden demise of his "mamu".
Sushant Singh Rajput's former girlfriend and "Pavitra Rishta" co-actor Ankita Lokhande visited the late actor's residence in Bandra on Tuesday to meet his family.
Former Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has said he regrets not having a word with actor Sushant Singh Rajput who died recently, when the two crossed paths in 2016.
Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt released the first poster of his comeback directorial feature "Sadak 2", starring daughters Alia Bhatt and Pooja Bhatt, on social media on Monday evening, and was almost immediately fending against massive trolling and hatred.
The Sharjah International Book Fair is returning next month – and how! There will be a host of events to entertain book lovers not just from Sharjah but from other emirates as well, plus visitors from abroad.
Kim is facing a backlash on social media after hosting the party with friends and family on a private island amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian has come out and spoken about testing positive for Covid-19. She confirmed being infected by the coronavirus in a recorded clip from isolation.