David Beckham leaves Bromley Magistrates Court in Bromley, on Thursday after being disqualifeid from driving for six months. Daniel / AFP
Former England footballer David Beckham was on Thursday disqualified from driving for six months after using his phone while behind the wheel.
The 44-year-old admitted the offence after being spotted by a member of the public as he drove his Bentley in London on November 21.
The ex-Manchester United and Real Madrid player attended the hearing at Bromley Magistrates Court, south of London.
He was given six penalty points on his licence, which disqualifies him.
Last year, Beckham avoided a previous charge of speeding because of a technicality.
Beckham accepted he drove at 95 kilometres per hour in a 40 mph zone in London in January 2018.
But the notice of his prosecution was not received until one day after the statutory 14-day time limit.
The world community needs to join hands and send out a clear and loud message that racism, bigotry and xenophobia are a bane that have no place in a sane society.
My late husband John Mackey dedicated his life to the game of football. After being selected by the Baltimore Colts in the second round of the 1963 NFL Draft, John went on to play nine seasons for them and one for the San Diego Chargers.
Madrid: La Liga president Javier Tebas has said he would prefer Neymar does not return to La Liga if he cannot improve his behaviour. Neymar left Barcelona to join Paris Saint-Germain for a world record fee of 222 million euros in August 2017, but could make a surprise move back to Camp Nou this summer.
Mohamed Salah scored from a free-kick as host nation Egypt defeated Uganda 2-0 in Cairo Sunday to win Group A at the Africa Cup of Nations with a perfect three-win record. Pre-tournament favourites Egypt will remain in Cairo for the round of 16 and play one of the best four third-place finishers next Saturday.
As the British Open gets ready to tee off this week at Royal Portrush -- marking the event’s return to Northern Ireland for the first time in 68 years -- Rory McIlroy would look at it as an opportunity to end his five-year major drought with a win on home soil. The four-time major champion has not lifted one of golf’s big four trophies since winning
Godolphin Managing Director in Australia said the ownership of a 2019 slot meant the stable could plan with certainty for this year’s race.
Sharjah: The Executive Committee of the fifth edition of the Arab Women Sports Tournament (AWST 2020) announced that till date 22 clubs from five Arab countries have sent in requests to participate in the first of its kind women’s sports event in the region. The announcement was made at the third Executive Committee meeting held