The Qatari climb-down recognises that Doha's policies had violated its international obligations.
Qatar has decided to withdraw its measures against the UAE in a significant concession aimed at averting the consequences of the UAE’s case in WTO against an illegal Qatari ban on UAE goods and services.
During a session of the Dispute Settlement Body (DSB) of the WTO, on Saturday to examine the UAE’s request to set up an arbitration committee to assess Qatari efforts to ban UAE consumer goods and services, Qatar announced that it had withdrawn the measures they established against the UAE. It also said that it has partially revoked measures that banned buying and selling commodities exported by the UAE.
The Qatari climb-down recognises that Doha's policies had violated its international obligations. However, the partial concession doesn't not resolve some of the fundamental issues of the dispute, and the UAE continues to explore its legal options to ensure that Qatar abides by its WTO obligations.
Abdullah Hamdan Al Naqbi, Director of the international law Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, stated that Qatar's confession of its previous violations one day before the UAE request was heard '' is a clear concession.''
''We continue to seek Qatar’s full withdrawal of these measures so as to ensure Doha's commitment to its WTO obligations and ensure our exports of goods has free access to Qatar markets'' he underscored.
He added, ''We see today that Qatar approach, which placed it on the defensive, did not count and think of the damage that will come back from this trend.''
The United Arab Emirates has released a Qatari naval vessel and the four military personnel who were on board when it was detained last week.
The UAE pointed out that Qatar was actually misusing the Agreement for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination with a view to defaming the UAE by lodging two separate cases on the same issue.
The UAE, represented by the Emirates Red Crescent, ERC, on Monday launched a crafts workshop in Khokha city on the Red Sea Coast of Yemen, following its refurbishment.
The latest crackdown is part of a probe in 42 cities into alleged irregularities in the foreign ministry entrance exam in favour of members of a movement led by US-based Muslim preacher Fethullah Gulen.
A statement issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, MoFAIC, said that the UAE strongly condemns this criminal act that threatens the security and stability of Egypt.
These forces were shot at and responded, which left seven dead among the group," which has ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, the ministry said in a statement.