Pakistani foreign minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi.
Tariq Butt, Correspondent
Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has revealed that India is planning another military attack against Pakistan in the coming weeks, raising the spectre of renewed hostilities between the two nuclear armed neighbours.
“We have reliable intelligence that between April 16 and 20, India may carry out an attack against Pakistan,” disclosed the foreign minister at a news conference on Sunday.
Elaborating further, he said that India could stage a “Pulwama style” attack in Occupied Kashmir to use it as justification for its military adventure against Pakistan.
“We have reliable intelligence that India is planning a new attack on Pakistan. As per our information this could take place between April 16 and 20,” Qureshi told reporters in his hometown of Multan.
Qureshi said Pakistan had invited five permanent members of United Nations’ Security Council to the Foreign Office and briefed them about the Indian plan to attack Pakistan. He said the world community should take up the matter seriously and stop Indian violations at the Line of Control (LoC) and targeting citizens of Pakistan across the LoC.
Pakistan had summoned the Indian Deputy High Commissioner to protest against any “misadventure,” Pakistani Foreign Office spokesman Mohammad Faisal said in a tweet. India’s Foreign Office didn’t immediately respond to an email seeking comment.
Qureshi said that he had consulted Prime Minister Imran Khan and decided to make public the development in order to expose the Indian designs. The purpose of such a sinister plan is to put diplomatic pressure on Pakistan, he added.
“I am saying it with responsibility and I have a responsible position, I know each word I say would make headlines in the international press,” he said, stressing the reliability of his claim. He said the planned aggression was aimed at “increasing diplomatic pressure against Pakistan.”
India's decision to strip Kashmir of the special autonomy it has enjoyed for seven decades has also prompted condemnation on Pakistani Twitter, where at one point the top six trending hashtags all related to the move.
The order has intensified tensions following India's announcement that it was sending thousands of more troops to one of the world's most militarised areas, sparking fears in Kashmir that New Delhi was planning to scrap an Indian constitutional provision that forbids Indians from outside the region from buying land in the Muslim-majority territory.
His reaction came after the Indian government earlier in the day decided to revoke Article 370 that gives special status to Jammu and Kashmir and split the state into two Union Territories: Jammu and Kashmir with an Assembly and Ladakh without one.
The service, known as the "friendship bus," has long been seen as a symbolic link between the two countries. Launched in 1999, it has run almost continuously since, including throughout the last crisis between the two countries in February.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation said in a statement today that it strongly condemns this terrorist act, which aims at destabilising security and stability and poses a grave threat to the world's energy supply.
A mischievous comment actress Deepika Padukone posted in a chat session conducted by her husband and actor Ranveer Singh on his Instagram page, briefly threw fans of the star couple in a tizzy, with many of them speculating if the actress is pregnant.
"Pakistan authorities have taken up the case with Twitter and Facebook against suspending Pakistani accounts for posting in support of Kashmir," Director General (DG) Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor was quoted as saying by the Dawn.