No matching items found
A jar of homemade watermelon lemonade.
For those observing fasts during the Holy Month of Ramadan, it will help to start a day with a heavy and nutritious meal so that the body feels satiated for the remaining day, suggest experts.
Nutritionists have meal suggestions:
Suhoor (early morning):
* Never skip the early morning meal that is Suhoor/Sehri as that is the fundamental meal your body depends for the rest of the day.
* Start your day with some nuts soaked overnight, followed by a juice or milk along with fruits.
* To ensure that you feel full during the rest of the day, opt for high-fibre foods such as multigrain breads with labneh/ chicken/ eggs along with vegetables.
* Oats or multigrain atta for stuffed parantha with paneer or with egg bhurji cooked on a non-stick pan will keep your body satiated for the day.
Iftar (dinner time):
* In the evening, break your fast with dates; it is both customary and important as they are a high source of energy and rich in vital nutrients.
*A glass of lemon water with sugar and salt in it to provide your body with the much-needed hydration.
* Dates are both customary and important as they are a high source of energy and rich in vital nutrients.
* People who are diabetic can avoid dates and those who are lactose intolerant can opt for soya milk instead of regular milk.
* After a little gap, eat a proper meal that includes the likes of brown rice or high fibre roti with lots of vegetables salad, plus lean meat or fish or eggs.
Zayed Sports tournament will give ladies all over the UAE a chance to enjoy a variety of sports, develop their athletic skills, and win valuable prizes.
Even though water is best for quenching thirst at Iftar but it can get quite boring. Instead, try these tasty and healthy alternatives to hydrate yourself.
Misbah has changed the diet and nutrition plans for players in the domestic tournaments and in the national camp — no more biryani or oil rich red meat meals or sweet dishes for the players now
Almost mid-way into Ramadan and you're running out of innovative recipes for Iftaar? Well, how about ditching the innovation and sticking to classic dishes that are hit amongst the young and the old.
The import of the Holstein breed is done within a record time of fewer than 40 days from the date of the import to the arrival of the shipment at the Khalifa Port, where federal, local governments and international companies joined forces to receive the shipment.
Just half an hour of morning walk can help heart bypass surgery patients get a sound sleep at night says a study.
You can use this recipe for a simple chilli and then flavour it in different ways. Experiment with single ground chillies in place of the mixed chilli powder; ground coriander along with the cumin; or smoked paprika
Even something as deadly as the coronavirus pandemic could not hold back Berlin-based designer Anja Gockel, from showcasing her 2021 summer collection.