Classifieds | Archives | Jobs | About TGT | Contact | Subscribe
 | 
Last updated 7 minutes ago
Printer Friendly Version | TGT@Twitter | RSS Feed |
HOME LOCAL MIDEAST ASIA WORLD BUSINESS SPORT OPINION WRITERS
Besiktas disaffirm deal with Everton for Tosun sale
January 04, 2018
 Print    Send to Friend

Istanbul: The chairman of Turkish champions Besiktas on Wednesday said there was still no deal with English Premier League side Everton for the highly rated Turkish international striker Cenk Tosun.

Everton have reportedly been in intense talks in recent days to sign Tosun for a deal worth some 30 million euros ($40.7m).

But Besiktas, who have reached the knockout stage of the Champions League where they will face Bayern Munich in the last 16, want as high a price as possible.

“Besiktas is a serious institution and all moves are taken very seriously,” club chairman Fikret Orman said at the signing ceremony for new Croatian arrival, defender Domagoj Vida.

“Cenk is a very valuable player. The talks are continuing. If it all works, it will be fine, if not then it won’t,” he said, quoted by the Dogan news agency.

“We will move according to our own strategy. We have our own targets and the player’s future is also important for us.

“Nothing final has been reached yet,” he said, revealing that Besiktas had also received a 35 million-euro offer for the player from China.

The Germany-born Tosun, 26, impressed as Besiktas topped their Champions League group.

In Turkey, he is known as Tosun Pasha, in reference to a popular Turkish 1970s comedy show.

He is seen as the best Turkish striker since the days of Hakan Sukur, who helped his country to third place in the 2002 World Cup.

Agence France-Presse

Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites
Comments
 
Post a comment
 
Name:
Country:
City:
Email:
Comment:
 
    
    
Related Stories
City ease past Huddersfield to trim Liverpool’s lead
Huddersfield: Manchester City reduced Liverpool’s lead at the top of the English Premier League table to four points as they eventually found top gear to win 3-0 away to ..
I have turned down three job offers: Mourinho
LONDON: Former Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho says he has turned down three job offers since being sacked by the Old Trafford club last month, adding he was happ..
Furious Sarri says Chelsea players lack motivation
LONDON: Angry Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri accused his players of lacking determination and being “difficult to motivate” after watching their lacklustre 2-0 defeat awa..
Weah stars on Celtic debut as Hoops win Cup opener
Glasgow: Timothy Weah scored on his Celtic debut as the Hoops maintained their bid for a “treble treble” with a 3-0 win over Airdrie at Parkhead in the fourth round of th..
Witsel hails Dortmund’s hard-fought win over Leipzig
Leipzig: Match-winner Axel Witsel hailed Borussia Dortmund’s hard-fought away win at RB Leipzig on Saturday which kept them six points clear of Bayern Munich in the Bunde..
FRONTPAGE
 
GALLERY
 
PANORAMA
 
TIME OUT
 
SPORT
 
 
Advertise | Copyright